#23 Watch Aerosmith LIVE

#23 Watch Aerosmith LIVE - Check!

Yes. I saw Steve Tyler. I even attempted to touch his shoe - or catch a drop of his sweet and spectacular sweat. I was gearing towards the later but failed.. which brings me back to, I SAW AEROSMITH LIVE!


I guess I just have to say that it was meant to be. When I have already given up all my chances on seeing them that night, dying of envy from those who can afford a pretty expensive ticket to wa-wa land, a beam, straight from  heaven shed some light to a one time deal in, YES, Groupon; selling Gold tickets for 50% off. Talk about winning. Talk about surprises. Talk about all the amazing things in the world. It was not one of those simple joys, I must say. It felt like it was a golden ticket to the Chocolate Factory. I was.. lucky :)

Aerosmith has been my number 1 favorite band of all time. When I was a kid, I grew up watching their live concerts recorded on Betamax with my eldest cousin, Ate Metchie. I would sleep over and just watch with her all afternoon, in between playing and singing - we would sit with her and just enjoy Steve and his bunch, and his other friends like Axl and Slash. I was around 7 years old that time. I guess you can consider me hardcore. Haha!

Thea, my bestfriend, and I used to do a Liv Tyler/Alicia Stone car scene on the way home from High School. It was that mad. I guess you can't shrug childhood easily. 

Now, the moral lesson of this story is that the best way to influence a child musically, is to let her watch these concerts without any parental supervision. Let them bathe in the sound of love, anger, and bliss. For one, I turned out to be a well-rounded human being (i think). HEHE. :D


Okay so the concert proper:

I went with Ken and his MBA friends from Ateneo. To my surprise, they were really fun to be with. We were pre-empted that Steve would stay at the tip of the extending stage. And boy, he did. His unwavering performance was just beyond awesome. He opened the show with "Living on the Edge", "Rag Doll, and so comes after some of his not so knows songs. Of course they played "I don't want to miss a thing." It was funny that it's the only song everyone's attuned with. I was kind of waiting for my favorite pieces like "Angel" and "Hole in my soul" that did not come - but what the heck. Aerosmith was there, just right in front of me, the thought of if would always make me cry.



What a wonderful experience that is. 

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.